Tuesday 15 May 2012

Leggings For Life

Late last year I came across a very great organization while browsing Facebook. I was having some spare time and was simply clicking here and there. It is called Leggings for Life (L4L for short!). What L4L does is   they provide custom-made leggings for animals (specifically dogs and cats) with limb deformity and paralysis to aid in the prevention of ulcerations. L4L is headed by Lisa, who is also a crocheter herself. What Lisa will do is she will match the nearest crocheter available to the animal who is in need of crocheted leggings. For more information on L4L, please visit L4L FB page at 

www.facebook.com/leggingsforlife

You can read a short history of how L4L came about under the notes section. If you know of any animals that are in need of leggings, do email Lisa to request the information form first! And the email is LeggingsForLife@att.net. If you are around the Southeast Asia region, I am proud to say that most likely I will be crocheting the leggings!!! As a cat lover and also mad about crochet, I knew I must join L4L after reading about them. So I emailed Lisa immediately and received her reply a day later. I was accepted! Thrilled!!! So below are some photos of my very first leggings. I made two pairs. They were for Clover, a female pup in Indonesia. I will post more photos related to L4L soon, in the meantime... hope you enjoy these.

L4L poster.

My very first leggings for Clover, a dog in Indonesia.

Didn't want to make any mistakes, so I took this photo to show Lisa before  mailing them.

Two pair of leggings for Clover.

No comments:

Post a Comment